Yesterday was pretty much a <expletive deleted> show. Boulder Canyon was closed last eve and there was another accident that closed Foothills at Arapahoe. Police put Boulder into emergency mode, asking any involved in accidents to exchange information and not call the police unless there was an injury.
And on top of that, a moose needed to be captured so he could be relocated.
So this morning, here’s what you need to know. And yeah, I know you’re used to this because we do winter in Colorado every year. But as today is also Veterans Day, we would prefer everyone put their energy into supporting the men and women who serve this great country than spending hours on the phone with your insurance company.
- Temperatures: Ummm, yeah. Highs in the 20s, lows around (gulp) 3F. No complaining. Just pick out your favorite Patagonia coat. You know you have three to choose from.
- Commuting: With more snow expected today, it’s a great day to stay inside or even telecommute if possible. If Boulder is messy Highway 36 is messier. Ew.
- Shove(l) it: Boulder property owners, landlords and tenants are responsible for shoveling snow off of sidewalks within 24 hours of snow stopping. You like the workout. Even if you don’t, make it a workout. You can report shoveling violations to 303-441-3333.
- Plowing: Boulder doesn’t typically plow residential streets. But has 8 streets already on the list for plowing on account of grade and potential dangers. The Daily Camera has everything you need to know about those plows, the streets they’ll be on, and how to request plowing right here.
- Road closures: Even without the weather being an issue, there are some road and off-trail closures you need to be aware of. Check those here (especially Foothills Trail, which has areas closing tomorrow for prairie dog relocation).
- Wildlife: With winter hitting a bit early (and fast) this year, there might be some confused wildlife. Be sure to check out our friends at Greenwood Wildlife and what to do if you find an animal in distress.
- Boulder school closures: It’s the season. Check those here and bookmark the page.
Woof. Well, if we missed anything, drop it in the comments. And stay safe out there.We can do this winter thing, even if it rolled in like the apolocalypse yesterday.