Boulder…oh, Boulder. You are one freaky deaky eco-conscious town and I love you for it. We bike, we public trans it, we take our Subarus to Green Garage. You are one sexy eco-beast, I tell ya.
Well, this Thursday, eco gets even sexier as the finalists for the Boulder Energy Challenge vie for a piece of $300,000 to further their eco-friendly pursuits.
The finalists competing for a piece of the green pie are:
- Boulder Housing Partners: Affordable Housing Energy Empowerment
- eGo Carshare: TripSmart Pilot Project
- Evolution7 Labs: Solar-Plus-Storage Demonstration Project
- Lightning Hybrids: Lightning Hybrids/Via HHV
- Snugg Home: Bundling Electric Vehicles with Solar PV and Energy Efficiency
- Superior Ecotech: Algae Greenhouse for CO2 Capture at Upslope Brewing
Ahem. And might I draw attention to that there is a LOCAL BREWERY among the finalists? Hey, I’m not playing favorites, but it’s Boulder and beer is awesome and how cool is it that we can see a Boulder brewery like Upslope among the finalists for an eco-prize?
If you’d like to attend, you’ll definitely need to RSVP as seating is limited to hear the final pitches. It’s totally free, so snag your seat here.
The event begins promptly at 6:45pm and doors open at 6:30pm. Lock that bike up and hustle over to Impact Hub. If you’ve never been, it’s right across from T|aco on Walnut at the intersection of Walnut and Broadway. More event information can be found here from Impact Hub and here’s a handy map to your destination for tomorrow evening.