A bit back, we started a preliminary list of Boulder recreational marijuana dispensaries. Today, we’ve done as promised — delivered an updated list so tourists and locals alike can access what they want, when they want it, and find out easily where to find it. Oh — and we’ve included the rules for purchase as well. Legal doesn’t mean legal all willy-nilly style.
Well, the Flatirons aren’t the only thing high in Boulder anymore. Boulder recreational marijuana dispensaries have arrived, 11 in all. Here’s a list of where you can pick up everything from joints and flower to medicated chocolates and sodas:
Karing Kind is located just north of Boulder off of Longhorn (as you head out towards Holiday and out to Lyons). Here’s a handy, dandy map to get you there. They carry everything from edibles and beyond.
There’s also Terrapin Care Station on Folsom, with an equally large selection. And of course, what kind of neighbor would we be if we didn’t give you a map?
The Farm is another great stop to pick up a little herb and get your relax on. They are located on Iris in North Boulder. Here’s a map.
Native Roots, located downstairs off of Pearl Street, is a fantastic little shop with some fine bud to boot. Stop by their shop here.
Fresh Baked, known for some good edibles, is a great place to shop too. Located in a little cottage near Pearl and Folsom you can visit them here.
The Boulder Marijuana Company is another great choice for some strong chronic. They can be found by checking out this map.
Boulder Botanics, located on 30th street, is a great place to wait for your bud with a ping pong table in the waiting room. Here are some directions.
The Greenest Green is another spot to pick up some dank flower. The shop is located here, and has a great selection of concentrates.
The Green Room has some good prices and tasty buds as well. Another great place to stop in Boulder, check them out using this map.
Some impressive flower can also be found at the Village Green Society. You can go check out their selection here.
Last but not least is Headquarters Cannabis Company. Located right on your way out of Boulder and up to Nederland. You can check them out here as a pit stop out of town.
Now, if you’re coming to Boulder from out of town and want to experience the Rocky Mountain High while here, there are a few details you need to file away in your stash bag:
- Non-medical marijuana card holders may only purchase 1/4 oz if you’re not a Colorado resident (state ID required). Residents can purchase up to 1 oz. That includes edibles.
- You must have a valid, non-expired, government-issued ID and be 21 years of age in order to make a purchase in any recreational dispensary. Temporary Colorado IDs are not allowed so bring your passport if need be.
- Recreational sales may only be made at recreational dispensaries. Don’t go waltzing into a MMJ shop and expect to be able to make a purchase.
- Don’t even try to sell it. You can give it away to your friends, but resale is prohibited without a resale license, Mr. Kingpin.
- And no — you can’t walk down the street smoking a joint. Public consumption is still illegal.
Need some help as you peruse the Boulder recreational marijuana dispensaries? Terrapin Care Station has this handy guide of dos and don’ts for your marijuana adventures.
We’ll do our best to keep this guide updated as new recreational dispensaries open. And might we be the first to say — welcome to Boulder? Our public school systems appreciate your inspired spending on the cannabis.
Check out other Boulder marijuana news, like this piece on Realm of Caring.