Well, the Flatirons aren’t the only thing high in Boulder anymore. Boulder recreational marijuana dispensaries have arrived, with rumors of more on the way.
Karing Kind is located just north of Boulder off of Longhorn (as you head out towards Holiday and out to Lyons). Here’s a handy, dandy map to get you there. They carry everything from edibles and beyond.
Now, if you’re coming to Boulder from out of town and want to experience the Rocky Mountain High while here, there are a few details you need to file away in your stash bag:
- Non-medical marijuana card holders may only purchase 1/4 oz if you’re not a Colorado resident (state ID required). Residents can purchase up to 1 oz. That includes edibles.
- You must have a valid, government-issued ID and be 21 years of age in order to make a purchase in any recreational dispensary.
- Recreational sales may only be made at recreational dispensaries. Don’t go waltzing into a MMJ shop and expect to be able to make a purchase.
- Don’t even try to sell it. You can give it away to your friends, but resale is prohibited without a resale license, Mr. Kingpin.
- And no — you can’t walk down the street smoking a joint. Public consumption is illegal.
Need some help as you peruse the Boulder recreational marijuana dispensaries? Terrapin Care Station has this handy guide of dos and don’ts for your marijuana adventures.
We’ll do our best to keep this guide updated as new recreational dispensaries open. And might we be the first to say — welcome to Boulder? Our public school systems appreciate your inspired spending on the cannabis.