We’ve had some amazing new writers join the fray here at Your Boulder. However, we are looking for a few more. Sometimes writers can’t contribute on a regular basis and some folks think they’re interested and they’re really not. It’s all cool. But hey — maybe YOU have a story to share with Your Boulder. Here’s exactly what we’re looking for:
- Local politics: Are you in the thick of it with Boulder elections, our elected representatives, and upcoming ballot initiatives? Yes, precious — we’re looking for you.
- Family topics: Boulder moms, dads, and grandparents (and even savvy aunts and uncles) — we’d love to be able to share more posts about family-centric topics in Boulder. Since you’re in the thick of it, we thought you might be a fantastic resource.
- Winter sports: Yeah, that time of the year is coming. Do you XC or skate up at Eldora? Do you know the great snowshoe adventures around Boulder? Hit us up.
- Boulder cycling: ZOMG. Seriously. I used to be one of you. I know there are a ton of you out there. We’re looking for writers to cover Boulder’s cycling culture, including rules of the road and how to be a good bike citizen.
- Outdoors: The how-to and route/adventure guides we publish are some of our most popular pieces. If you’d like to share yours with us, drop us a line. Hiking, cycling, hikes for families, local peak adventures — you name it.
And now, the details:
- Yes, we pay. Rates vary from $30-$50 per piece based on depth and writer tenure. You won’t get rich, but we can keep you in coffee at your favorite Boulder bean purveyor for a bit.
- Yes, we pay on-time. We pay once a month via direct deposit. No fees, no mess.
- Yes, you’re edited. We expect top-notch content and you are subject to editing. Hey, we want to see you shine and while typos happen, we’d like as few as possible.
That’s the skinny of it. Use our contact form to drop us a line and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can! We look forward to hearing from you.