Find all of the best events happening in Boulder, CO each month on our calendar. Whether you’re a local looking for a yoga class or you’re traveling and want to find a group hiking adventure during your holiday, search our list to see indoor, outdoor, and virtual activities throughout our beautiful city.
Not quite ready for public events? Check out Boulder’s virtual events here!
- This event has passed.
BMA Skills Clinic Level 1
July 1 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$45 – $70
About this Event
COVID-19 INFORMATION: To keep our volunteers and participants safe, clinics will be limited to 6 participants, face coverings and social distancing will be required at all times.
Whether you’re just getting started with mountain biking or you would like to brush up on your skills, this clinic is for you. In this novice-level class, you’ll learn how to:
- Ride with balance and body-bike separation.
- Brake properly.
- Climb and descend on trails.
- Shift to the correct gear.
- Steer and corner.
- Approach obstacles including perform basic front wheel lifts.
- Roll down small drops.
Maximum 6 students. No matter how you ride your bike, you’re about to ride it better!
Clinics meet on the east side of Valmont Bike Park near the pavilion next to the dog park.
Start Time: 5:30 pm (please be there at 5:15 pm to allow ample prep time)
We love to ride and we know that you do too so we try to keep our expenses low and then pass that savings onto our members. Our goal is to make our clinics accessible to everyone and to grow Boulder’s awesome cycling community. Not a member? Sign up now and save!
- BMA Members: $45
- Non Members: $70
- All participants MUST wear a helmet. Gloves and addition padding is encouraged.
- Please bring water, and weather appropriate clothing. Layers are a great idea!
- Bring a trail-ready bike that is in good working order and fits you.
- All participants must sign a Boulder Mountainbike Alliance liability waiver once during the season.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.
- For permitting, planning and payment purposes, you must sign up if you plan to join us.
- BMA has a 24 hour cancellation policy – no refunds or credits will be given with less than 24 hours cancellation notice.