When we launched Your Boulder back in January of 2013, we just wanted to be the best local news source for all the cool stuff that was going on in Boulder. Today, we’ve shared over 800 pieces of news (!!!) with the Boulder community and by happenstance, found some incredible partners along the way — partners who were interested in bringing their bit of Boulder to all of Boulder.
That’s why — as of today — we’re launching our Community Advertising project. It’s a better way for us to help Your Boulder bring more of Boulder to our neighbors.
In the past few years, we’ve worked with amazing partners like The Boulder Passport to bring you special year-round deals just for Boulder residents. We’ve teamed up with T|aco on Walnut, once a brand-new eatery and now a Boulder staple for tasty tacos and libation, to bring Boulder inside their doors and introduce them to a new eatery in town. We’ve hosted a long-running happy hour at The Riverside to share a cool venue with our neighbors and give folks a change to connect. And we can’t forget about TEDxBoulder — one of the largest TED-branded events in the world, where we’ve partnered with them to launch event news and drive ticket sales to year after sold-out year.
So, if you’ve been wondering about whether YourBoulder.com can help you share your message with your fellow Boulderites, the answer is probably YES. With a single caveat:
We are fiercely protective of our community and readers. This means we’ll vet every advertising inquiry to ensure that it’s a fit for Boulder AND YourBoulder.com alike.
Without further adoo, here are some of the ways Your Boulder can help YOU meet your promotional goals:
- The Boulder Weekender: Have an event happening on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday? Drop us a line on our contact form and we’ll put a link in our Weekender to your event, no sweat. It’s 100% free.
- Event promotion: Have an event where you want to drive registrations, signups, or attendance? Your Boulder will craft a custom event promotion campaign for you including Facebook promotion and our email list. And it’ll be affordable.
- Custom events: Want to bring some foot traffic into your shop, eatery, or business? Your Boulder will build a Your Boulder-sponsored event just for you and help bring Boulder to your doorstep.
- Real Estate Professionals: You’re looking for leads and we have them. If you’re interested in being the sole recipient of the real estate leads we generate here on YourBoulder.com — we’d love to talk to you.
- Paid Content: YourBoulder is VERY selective about the content we place on our site, and would be happy to work with you and your business to create content that is educational and filled with value for the Boulder community. We’ll write, you can write, or a combination of the two — drop us a line and ask what’s possible.
- Social Promotion: With a Facebook audience of over 24,000 folks, we can get your event or news in front of Boulderites. Drop us a line and we’ll look at all the moving parts and build something just for you.
- Site Sponsorship (aka the Motherlode): Want a larger platform for advertising an event, your product, or business? Site sponsorship is the mother of all advertising here on Your Boulder. You’ll get on-site placement, social mentions, and top-banner advertising space on all of our email promotions for the month. And again, we’re picky — we’ve had multiple requests for this in the past and it takes a LOT for us to say yes. We love businesses (like The Boulder Passport) who give us a reason to say yes!
Have an idea but don’t see it listed? Just ask. Visit our brand-new Advertising page to explore our options and then reach out to us on our Contact page. We’re real humans who read our emails and will be in touch soon with ideas. You can also see what some of our past partners have said about working with YourBoulder.com for their promotional projects.
Oh! And the cool part about working with us is that we make sure the people who need to see your ads and know about your events do just that. We’re a hyperlocal site powered by a team that’s made a multi-decade-long career in online marketing. We’ll help you reach more of Boulder…for less.
And as a reader of YourBoulder.com — we want you to know that this won’t turn into some Geocities/Angelfire-type dumpster fire where you’re seeing nothing but ads at every turn. We’re picky because you’re picky because this is OUR Boulder.
We look forward to hearing from you!