Pasta Jay’s has been around since 1988. On the weekend it’s a “hot spot” and once you arrive you may very well find you and your date are going to have to wait for a table, but don’t fret because the wait is well worth it once you taste their saucy Italian food!
You can sit inside or out at Pasta Jay’s, which lies at the West End of Pearl at 1001 Pearl Street. There’s still a nice view of the Flatirons to gander at if you’d like to sit at a table outside, but enough about the “ambiance”– What about the food, man?!
One of the appetizers we tried and loved was the Garlic Knots. These little, oily, doughy, garlicky gems melt in your mouth. The Caprese is another nice appetizer to order along with it.
The Pasta Menu
The menu of “carbs” at Pasta Jay’s is vast. Almost any type of pasta you can think of, you can find it served with different sauces and ingredients, but if you can’t make up your mind try “The Hagan Option” where you pick a trio of pasta dishes from a list including; Manicotti, Tortellone, Jumbo Shells, Gnocchi, Rigatoni, Ravioli, Chicken Parmigiana or Eggplant Parmigiana.
Pasta Jay’s has a special every night and below we provided you with their full weekly “calendar” of nightly dishes!
- MONDAY – “WORLD FAMOUS SPAGHETTI NIGHT”
- TUESDAY – EGGPLANT LOMBARDI
- WEDNESDAY – “THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN GET LASAGNA” NIGHT
- THURSDAY – STEAK MODENA or CHICKEN JULIANA
- FRIDAY – WHITE CLAM NIGHT – SEAFOOD STUFFED SHELLS or SEAFOOD DISTEFANO
- SATURDAY – RED CLAM NIGHT – SEAFOOD CANNELLONI BELLITTINI or MUSSELS MCGHEE (SEASONAL)
- SUNDAY – PLATI’S STEAK BRACCIOLE or VEAL MARSALA
Happy Lasagna Day! Wednesday is the only time you can enjoy the Famous Lasagna
Monday, July 29th, 2019, may have been “National Lasagna Day,” but we got over there on a Wednesday for Pasta Jay’s Lasagna Night. This entree costs sixteen dollars and you can add a salad for two dollars more if you like, but we didn’t.
On Lasagna Night you have choices. You can choose traditional red lasagna with beef or seafood lasagna with shrimp and crab, but we ordered the White Lasagna with Crumbled Sausage. This dish is covered with a delectable white vodka sauce and served in a hot, sizzling, deep-dish style skillet, which is your plate.
The lasagna comes with garlic bread, but we paid an extra four dollars for a second basket of the stuff to sop up that sauce!
Box it up
In the end, whatever dish you decide to order, you’ll take half of it home in a box for the fridge. Their entrees are just that filling.
For your sweet tooth
For dessert, you can check out the housemade double layer chocolate cake or you can pick the tiramisu, the spumoni, Nutella, gelato, housemade toffee, chocolate chip cheesecake, mud pie, grasshopper pie, vanilla fudge swirl, or gelato.
Some things to remember when you visit Pasta Jay’s:
- Expect a waitlist around dinner time
- Parties of 6 or more should call and make reservations
- Entrees range from $14.5 and up
- If you can’t decide, try “The Hagan Option”
- There’s a long list of cocktails, beer, and wine to enjoy
- Finally, bring your appetite! Dishes are filling and you’ll take it home in a box!
You can see what Pasta Jay’s is all about and more of their tasty menu over at https://pastajays.com/locations/boulder.
Happy Lasagna Day, Boulder! Tag who you’d eat with!