Dear Boulder –
Your Boulder is approaching two years old and we couldn’t have imagined what’s happened with this site. We set out as a few Boulderites just wanting to share the awesome that is Boulder, and here we are with thousands of daily subscribers and over 20,000 of you on Facebook.
Every day, we step out front doors and see sweeping views of mountains and The Flatirons. We see CU-emblazoned apparel and neighbors walking down the street clutching a cup of hot goodness that only Boulder coffee purveyors can make. We see you downing a Boulder-crafted pint (and now down dogging with one in hand — you go) before the sun goes down and the Flagstaff Star lights up the horizon.
And that Flagstaff Star — we thought we were just doing a daily article about a cool “Boulder Thing.” But no. Over 150,000 people have seen that article and heavens to every woman named Betsy, it’s been shared over 6,700 times.
We’re humbled. And we’re glad that you’re telling us what we should know about, share with the community, and when we make a goof — you’re right there letting us know (and we’re grateful).
So, before we get to go on another one of Alli F.’s epic hikes or grab a pint with our out-of-town-guests for the holidays, we have a few holiday wishes for you:
- May all your days have two wheels (and if you’re into Santa, may be bring you a new bike).
- May you always (and easily) find parking in the Whole Foods parking lot.
- May your favorite lightweight down jacket never die.
- May something on Pearl Street always surprise you.
- May you always find the house with bacon and take the Slip-n-Slide when you run the BolderBoulder.
- May your belay partner always be on time.
- May your ski buddy never be late.
- May your Subaru or Prius always get you where you need to go, carry what needs carrying, and might your brand new roof rack system that Santa’s bringing you carry the rest.
But perhaps most importantly, may we all continue to be neighbors.
It’s joked that Boulder is 25 square miles surrounded by reality and we’re here to say that if we’re living in a dreamland every day, we’ll take the dream.
We’re a community of people helping people. We’ve come out of the literal flood, risen from the actual ashes, and on the other side, we’re all still neighbors. And this — may this be what we carry from year to year.
So, happy holidays — from Your Boulder to you, Boulder. Thanks to each reader for being our own inidividual Flagstaff Star and loving what we have to share and sharing what you love. We have more in store for 2015 and can’t wait to become better with your help.
Have a Christmas wish to write for us or get your event or business featured for all of Boulder to see? We can help. Drop us a line. Your messages are a gift each time we get one!
May your days be merry and bright — and may the powder you kick up this ski season be super fresh and white. (Always avoid the yellow snow.)
Happy Holidays to You from the Your Boulder Crew